Время создания: 1799 г.
This composition (really just a melodic line) appears amongst sketches for the quartet op. 18 nr. 5, and may be an early effort at a movement for this quartet. The piece consists of two eight-bar phrases, each with a repeat. First published in the 1846 "Beethoven-Album." It is from page 67 of the sketchbook Grasnick 2, located in the Berlin Staatsbibliothek Preussischer Kulturbesitz. This notebook includes sketches for the six string quartets, op. 18.